- This event has passed.
Selichot: Teach Us To Number Our Days
September 17 @ 7:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Teach Us to Number Our Days: Finding meaning and mystery in the moments of our lives (Psalm 90:12)
Selichot is the time we begin formal preparation for the High Holy Days. A time to help us prepare ourselves for the Yamim Nora’im, the Days of Awe, which begin with the evening of Rosh Hashanah and conclude with the end of Yom Kippur. These ten days are intended for us to make an accounting of our soul or cheshbon haNefesh in Hebrew. That is the greatest challenge of the season!
7:00-7:15 pm Introduction to Selichot Evening and Song in the Sanctuary
7:15-8:00 pm Learning Session 1
8:00-8:50 pm Learning Session 2
8:50-9:30 pm Nosh in the Social Hall and Courtyard
9:30-10:30 pm Selichot Service including Havdalah and the changing of the Torah covers in the Sanctuary
Learning Session options:
- Rabbi Frenkel – The Courage to Live with Uncertainty: How Judaism can help in our search for meaning in the unexpected moments of our lives
- Rabbi David – One Plans and God Laughs: Finding predictability in an unpredictable world
- Cantor Harrison – How the Music of the Season – Both the Familiar and the Unfamiliar – Can Lead Us to Meaning and Mystery
- Cantor Schnitzer – Messages of the High Holy Day liturgy. Helping us to find the path of introspection and return.
- Rabbi Eron – On God and Humanity: The theology of Psalm 90